Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hope is the thing with feathers...



Have you ever been in bleak situations, and then, received signs of hope that restored your faith and lifted you out of your despair? I’ve often wondered, though whether it is really a manifestation of your own inner optimism that makes you see positive signs or if there are, in fact, messages from the universe.

Well, I think it takes both to work together: If we are determined to focus on the positive always, we will find the uplifting messages that the Universe leaves us to absorb from. Perhaps it is the universe’s way of encouraging us to stay strong and believe in the goodness of humanity instead of retreating from the world. Staying fully engaged in the present and being sensitive to context and perspective, we can overcome a crushed spirit by drawing hope from these signs.

Waking up to glorious bird song every day, my heart is ever so grateful for all the privileges I enjoy. And, when I stumble across special signs, how can my spirit not soar!